About Our Parish

Humble Beginnings

In 1888 Rev. Nasca was appointed the first pastor and started to draw up plans for a small church for the growing amount of immigrants that had congregated in what is now Hazleton. The hardworking and zealous congregation raised money to purchase three lots on what is now Fourth and Seybert Streets, and built a modest church that was consecrated to the Most Precious Blood of our Divine Savior. Rev. Peruzzi succeeded Rev. Nasca and served the church until 1901. During his last year, the small church and all of its important records were destroyed in a fire. Later that year Fr. Lando began as pastor and set about to rebuild the church. Not having the funds to build a magnificent place of worship, he instead built what is now the church hall, and mass was held there until August, 1915, when the actual church was finished being built.  In 1921 Fr. Molino arrived and served the parish for fortysix years, during that time he beatified the cemetery, turning it into a landmark for greater Hazleton, instituted a parish school, and saw the building of the beautiful grotto standing outside of the church today. In 1967, in memory of Monsignor Molino's many accomplishments for the parish, a small park across from the church with statue of him when he first came to the country 1921 was dedicated. In 1980 the pastor, Rev. Gugliemelli , began to make plans the renovation of the current church, including the mosaic over the alter,  the wood carving of the holy family in the front of the church, and the baptism font, among other things. In 1983 the church was finally completed to look the way it does today.





This is a short history of our parish. We would appreciate contributions, images and any information you would like to share for consideration. Send all information in the "Contact Us" on the home page.

Online Giving

Online Giving

Secure and Convenient Donate now!